RSS

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 1 -3 of 21 Days to getting Organized

Getting organized is something I've wanted to do for a while. I just needed a kick to get me started. My friend Scotti posted a link to A bowl full of lemons "21 Days to getting organized challenge" and I can't thank her enough! Thank you so much Scotti!! I actually started on Day 2, but did both Day 1 and 2 on the same day. This will have both of those days, plus Day 3 of the challenge.

Ok...
Day #1 Challenge (Organizing the "junk" drawer)

This is pretty embarrassing. This drawer became cluttered due to me just pushing stuff off my desk into it. Why wouldn't I just put the stuff away? Time to get rid of laziness!


The drawer is actually for my scrapbooking items. So I pulled everything out, straightened my punches and put them back into the drawer. When I get a chance I will get a tray to hold my scissors and this drawer will be complete!


On with the next challenge!
Day #2 Challenge - Your computer desk (top only)

Another embarrassment! I have not been in my craft room for a while now. It is just too cold in there! My desk, seen below, used to have my personal computer on it. Well... that computer started making funny sounds, so I unplugged it and stored it away. But look! I've put all these things on there! Anything that has potential for something to be placed on it... something will eventually be placed on it! I want to stop doing that!!


So... what will I put on it? Well I do have those cute little drawers just like on A bowl full of lemons. I plan to place those on my desk and some other desky (sure that's a word) supplies. I will leave a space open for my laptop. Now I don't want it too cluttered, so it'll be hard to put something on there anyway. Seen here... my desk bare. Only because I really want the something I put there to have purpose and reason! No more junk!!


Day #3 Challenge - The Messy Tupperware Cabinets

I have to admit, when I saw this challenge, I sighed. I did not want to do this!! When we moved into this house, we moved quick. I haven't really moved in, if you know what I mean. So this will look bad! *sigh*

I don't even know why all this extra crap is in here!

Originally, I wanted the snapple jars for my craft room. They are now trashed! Along with other things that I tossed and then I started a box to bring to our local thrift store. No yard sale here! I don't want all this crap coming back into my house out of forgetfulness!!


Here is the end result! Look at how nice and organized this looks. Not only does it look good, it feels good too! I made sure that all bowls had lids. If they didn't, they didn't make it into the cabinet! I'm lucky to have a lid organizer to hold all my lids. I love that thing!


See you tomorrow for Day 4!




3 comments:

Danyel said...

Fantastic work! Where did you put all the stuff that didn't make it back into the junk drawer, desktop, and tupperware cabinet? Hopefully it's not sitting in a big mound on your kitchen floor or something. LOL

Keeping Life Fun with one Craft at a Time said...

Looks Great.

Sarah Jones said...

Thank you!

Would you believe I put the stuff away? :) Those buckets actually have a place and the other items I went through... trashed or put away.

The stuff that was in the tupperware cabinet either went into the trash or a box to take to our local thrift. I will head past it today, so it'll be gone soon :) The only thing I set aside (besides tupperware) is my waffle/pizzelle iron. It'll go into my pots and pans cabinet.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails