RSS

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 10 of 21 Days to Getting Organized

Day #10 Challenge - The Laundry Room

Wow! Ok… we do have a laundry room, but I am just going to show you the laundry center. Cleaning the whole laundry room would definitely be more than a day, being that we are a family of 7. There has not been a day in which I have completed ALL of the laundry. I hope that will happen one day soon!

We have a lot of cabinet space for the laundry center. I can literally stand on top of the washer or dryer and not touch my head to the ceiling! As a matter of fact, I had to stand on them to clean the cabinets.



So, what does go in the laundry room? I know you should have laundry soap, dryer sheets, stain remover and bleach. I do also have rags, baskets, an iron and an ironing board. But there’s got to be more, right? Why is there so much space? I have not used all of the cabinets that we have available and I don’t see that as being a problem. But I almost feel like I am missing something. In some of the space I have kept light bulbs and some other household cleaners just to keep them high.

I pulled out everything and cleaned the stuff off the top of the dryer. Some of the stuff that was in the higher cabinet was in there when we moved in. After all the stuff was out, I wiped down all the cabinets and the doors, and then I wiped down the washer and dryer. We’ve had the washer and dryer for nearly 9 years and it does show wear, but still has some shine.


I went to the Dollar Tree and purchased some of those great baskets that Toni also has in her storage areas. I bought 12 of them. When washing them I found one was broke. It does suck, but I only paid $1! If I decide that I don’t need all 12 in the laundry room, I will most likely use them in other places in the house.

I took a break, while waiting for the cabinets to dry. Once they were dry, I put all my baskets in their places. I know I will need to invest in a labeler, because I want my family to know where all the items go, so that they can keep the house organized too.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails